It’s essential to teach children the importance of appreciating and taking care of our planet. In honor of Earth Day on April 22nd, we’ve put together a list of fun and educational ways to celebrate with your kids. Learn all about our planet with our Earth-themed titles, check out 10 Earth Day activities you can do together as a family, then try our fun Earth Day word search!
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
1. Read an interactive book about our planet!
2. Go on a family hike.
3. Plant a tree or garden together in your backyard.
4. Plan a nature scavenger hunt.
5. Teach your kids the importance of recycling by sorting your trash, bottles, and cans at home.
6. Complete a craft together using recycled materials. Check out our Pinterest board for some inspiration!
7. Unplug for the day. (That's right–NO electronics!)
8. Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
9. Visit a local farmer's market.
10. Take a family trip to the local farm or zoo.