In honor of Earth Day, we’ve put together a list of fun and educational ways to celebrate with your kids. Teaching your children the importance of appreciating and taking care of our planet should be fun! Make the experience one to remember with one of our amazing Earth-themed titles. Then, check out 10 Earth Day activities you can do together as a family, including our our fun Earth Day word search!
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
1. Read an interactive book about our planet!
2. Go on a family hike.
3. Plant a tree or garden together in your backyard.
4. Plan a nature scavenger hunt.
5. Teach your kids the importance of recycling by sorting your trash, bottles, and cans at home.
6. Complete a craft together using recycled materials. Check out our Pinterest board for some inspiration!
7. Unplug for the day. (That's right–NO electronics!)
8. Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
9. Visit a local farmer's market.
10. Take a family trip to the local farm or zoo.