Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we’ve got 10 sweet heart crafts to make with your kids! Below you’ll find instructions for a heart bouquet card, a paper heart garland, a handprint heart craft, and more. Enjoy!
1. Bouquet of Hearts Card
- Colored construction paper
- White construction paper
- Markers or Colored Pencils
- Sparkly paint or ribbon
- Glue stick
- Cut hearts out of the colored construction paper in all different sizes. Feel free to draw different detailing on the hearts to add a pretty element.
- Fold the white paper in half like a card and glue the hearts onto the paper.
- Draw stems for the bouquet and add a ribbon with a glitter stick and/or glue on a real ribbon!
- Write your loved one a special note inside and give them their handmade valentine on February 14th!
2. Paper Heart Garland
- Pink, red and white construction paper – or the colors of your choice.
- Hole punch
- Cut your construction paper into thin strips.
- Fold each strip in half and make a crease. Then take the two ends of each strip and bend them so a heart is formed. Staple together to hold the shape.
- Hole punch the sides of your hearts and string them all together.
- Hang this heart garland up before Valentine’s Day and enjoy!
3. Handprint Heart
- Sheet of construction paper – any color!
- Fold a sheet of construction paper in half.
- Trace your hand with your thumb and index finger touching the folded edge of the paper.
- Keep the paper folded and use scissors to cut out your handprint.
- Unfold it to show a heart between your hands.
- Add a special Valentine’s Day note!
A useful and heartfelt valentine! Decorate a bookmark with little hearts made from two thumbprints.
Make hugs and kisses out of materials you already have at home!
An adorable way to share candy with classmates and friends!
7. Laced Hearts
A great way for young children to practice their fine motor skills!
Festive heart crowns to wear on the 14th!
Add a cute message like “Love you berry much!” to turn these strawberries into valentines.
Pull out leftover scraps of paper for these pretty hearts!
[/vc_column_text] [blank_spacer height=”30px” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]