Planning a creative and thoughtful baby shower is a lot of pressure, but can also be fun and rewarding to host such a special event. Go beyond the usual pink and blue themes with these out-of-the-box ideas for a book-themed baby shower.
- Pick a few popular children’s books and decorate the different tables with each theme. Pooh Bear, Very Hungry Caterpillar, Curious George and Dr. Seuss stories are just a few ideas. For some gorgeous inspiration, check out photos from a shower that blogger Hostess With The Mostess did.
- Include fun games like Name That Book where you have to figure out the real children’s book title. You can create your own “Name That Story” game, do a Seuss Word Scramble or a Children’s Classics Quiz.
- On the invitation, include the following message: “In lieu of a card, please bring your favorite children’s book to add to baby’s library!”
- Design invitations with a vintage library card feel. Blogger SimpleLovelyBlog.com has a cute example.
- For party favors, hand out cute cookies shaped/designed as books or custom bookmarks like this example from LoveTaza.com, which includes the quote “Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.”
- Get creative with your food and menu planning! Meatballs from Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, fruit salad from The Very Hungry Caterpillar, cookies from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, veggies and dip from Peter Rabbit, blueberry muffins from Blueberries For Sal, madeleine cookies from Madeline… Have fun with it!
Whether you decide to go fancy or keep it simple, books are both a wonderful theme and amazing gift to give your loved ones. Check out our Baby Shower Book Ideas blog post for some great baby shower gift ideas!
Leave us a comment – have you ever hosted a book-themed baby shower?
Photo credit: cupcakes by libraryrachel Creative Commons 2.0 Flickr.