For questions, comments, or concerns, please email us at
If you are interested in submitting your work, please read the guidelines below and email us at
- We will consider submissions only from authors with previously published works.
- We do not publish any fiction or poetry.
- All juvenile submissions must contain accompanying artwork or a plan for an illustration program. No picture books.
- We accept very few unsolicited manuscripts, so please take the time to review our list before making your submission.
A proposal should include:
- Cover letter describing the project and what is included in the package.
- Full proposal, including outline, introduction, illustrations list, sample captions, and text/sample chapters (approximately 30 pages of text). If you are submitting a cookbook proposal, include a list of recipes plus at least ten sample recipes in addition to the information described above.
- Photocopies of sample illustrations or photographs (do not send originals). And please, always keep a copy of your project; we are not responsible for any submitted materials, including dummies, prototypes, slides, etc.
- A short list of comparable titles, with an explanation of how your book differs from each.
- Author/illustrator/photographer biography, including publishing credits and credentials in the field.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of the material. If desired, include a self-addressed, stamped blank postcard for acknowledgment of receipt of manuscript. Do not send checks or cash in lieu of postage; only US postage or International Postage Coupon will be accepted.
We do not accept manuscripts that are handwritten or submitted on computer disk. Please only send Electronic submissions can be sent to this email address.
Please keep a copy of the manuscript for your files. Because of the volume of manuscripts we receive each day, submissions are virtually impossible to track, and it may take up to 3 months before we reach a decision.
When submitting your work to any publishing house, it is always a good idea to check your local bookstore or library to get a sense of what kinds of books the company publishes.
Please submit only your strongest work. As to subject matter, illustrations that feature children or animals are always welcome, but feel free to submit other subjects as well. It is also a good idea to look at Silver Dolphin books in your local bookstore or library to get a sense of what kinds of books we publish.